JellyPages.com

Sunday, February 2, 2014

E-training and Making Magic on Peter Pan

Today started early, which is nothing new. Despite getting to the bus at 6:45, I was still almost late. The buses we have to take are beyond unreliable, and I swear one of these days the drivers are going to wreck. (Disclaimer: they are not Disney buses. Those are safe and always on time, I assure you). Thankfully there was a computer error with CP logins today, so I wasn't counted late.

Training today started with a walk backstage to Fantasyland. We walked through the park in the early morning fog. The streets were empty aside from the cast members setting up for the day. It's a special kind of magic only a select few get to see, and I love watching it happen. Because the park had yet to open, we were allowed to walk inside the Be Our Guest Restaurant. I kid you not, it's like walking right into the Beast's castle from "Beauty and the Beast." I almost cried, it was so beautiful. I swear we were in the movie-- Disney magic at its best. To tour the restaruant when it was empty was absolutely incredible.

By the time we left Be Our Guest, the park had opened and a few guests were roaming the park. We moseyed over to "Enchanted Tales with Belle" which is like a walk through show. The guests get to act with Belle. It was a great. It was pretty cool to watch, and I loved seeing the kid's faces light up. Later on, we had e-training. It was basically hours of courses on a computer-- things like on the job safety and disability policies. After this, we got to go into the park and work the fast pass plus line on Peter Pan for experience with guests. For those of you who know me, this was the coolest thing ever!

I got to wish guests Happy Birthday and make the kids feel special. It was the best hour of my life. One little girl was absolutely adorable. She was dressed like a princess, so I got down on her level and asked, "Are you Cinderella today?"

She nodded all shy and started telling me about her day. I asked if she was having fun, and she got all excited about getting on Peter Pan. I acted surprised and said, "You're going to Neverland? Tell Tinkerbell I said hi if you see her, and tell her Arielle said to give you an extra sprinkle of pixie dust."

She smiled wide which in turn made her parents smile. I love my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment